Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Jersey Fresh International - May 9, 2015

This weekend was the Jersey Fresh International 3-day eventing competition, something I have been looking forward to attending for months! Lucky enough for me it was held at the Horse Park of New Jersey in Allentown, only about an hour from my apartment. I got up bright and early Saturday morning and met Maddy (teardropwinken.blogspot.com) and Wendy there right when the gates opened, and together we spent one glorious day watching some serious equine competition. Here are some highlights:



















This was my first time seeing high level eventing first hand, and it was mesmerizing. I wish I could've gone down on Friday to see some of the dressage, or had been able to stay for show jumping on Sunday, but I was most excited for the cross country portion anyway. These horses are such athletes, and their strength, determination, and focus are inspiring.

1 comment: