Saturday, June 22, 2013

Vacation

It's hard to believe it has been only a week today since Charlie moved in at the new barn. He settled right in and seems so happy :) Now all I want to do is ride, but that has to be put on a slight hold for the next 10 days as Dan and I are house/pet-sitting down in Lancaster County, PA for my parents while they are away in South Carolina. It will be a good vacation for us, and we've really been looking forward to it for a long time, but the timing with Charlie is less than opportune. I wish I could have brought him with me....at least I know he is happy and I have great friends like Maddy and Kate to take care of him while I'm away. :)

Before I left yesterday we stopped at the barn so I could completely clean Charlie's stall and package up all of his food (I'm halfway through transitioning him to a new version and I wanted to make it as easy as possible while I'm away).

I may be slightly neurotic
All ready to go
Here I am modeling the lastest in equine fashion :P
I really really wanted to ride. It was perfect weather, sunny and not humid, but I knew we had about a 6 hour drive ahead of us so it really wasn't feasible considering we had a deadline. So Dan helped me with barn chores, we gave Charlie some treats and love (found out he likes bananas), piled the pooch in the car (as Emma pretty much goes everywhere with us) and hit the road. It's a good thing I didn't give in to the ride: we hit tons of traffic and after leaving the house at 9am that morning we didn't end up making it to Lancaster County until 6. Ugh. :(

Once we got home we met my dad and sister for dinner at our favorite pizza joint (I'm sorry, but Rhode Island doesn't do pizza), picked up some beer next door, then headed home to unpack and go over our duties for the next week, namely taking care of their two Golden Retrievers, keeping the plants watered, bringing in the mail and feeding the indoor and outdoor fish.

Being at home definitely has it's perks: I have plenty of horses to ride here (within walking distance no less!); full use of a house with a yard, patio and fully stocked fridge; lots of free time to think about nothing but relaxing....Plus I get to see things like this first thing in the morning. Life is good :)




3 comments:

  1. 1. Squeeeee baby pony!
    2. I nominated you for the Liebster Award :D Go check it out; most recent post on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you and the hubby have a nice few days off!!

    Love your grain baggies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the break, sounds like it'll be bliss!

    ReplyDelete