Tuesday, September 10, 2013

New shoes

Today was busy! I worked Jan's barn in the morning and then drove over to feed and muck at Connie's (she had a bad fall off a horse while on vacation and is really banged up :( so even though she's back home I'm going to help out with feeding/mucking until she feels better). After that I headed back over to Jan's to meet Dan and unload 100 bales of hay. Then it was back to Connie's for Charlie's pedicure appointment with his new farrier. 

My helper
New shoes
His new shoes are borium-coated which will help to give him extra grip on the roads and rougher trail surfaces out here; I think it's kinda pretty actually. The new farrier is an Amishman who was recommended by Kate M. He was very nice and thorough, removing one shoe to reshape it after he partially tacked it on and didn't like how it was fitting, which I liked. I must say, though, no one could ever match up to my old farrier; I wish I could clone him :) 

I'm hoping maybe Kate M. and I can get on the same shoeing schedule (he's coming out for her horses next week) so we can save on the farm call since she's right up the street, but, honestly, I was very happy with the price....$62 total for two fronts and the farm call. Doesn't get much better than that!

5 comments:

  1. $62?!?! We pay $85 for my sisters pony to get plain front shoes and hints trimmed.

    Glad you found a great farrier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a great deal!!! Sounds like your a busy busy girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cheap! Holy moly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an awesome price for fronts with borium! Plain ole fronts up my way starts around $110!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice! I pay $90 for 4 shoes....$120 if they are new.

    ReplyDelete